Establishing a Fund
The GANA Educational Foundation allows you to establish a charitable fund that can be tailored to support your interest segment in the industry. Working with a member of our staff, and your financial advisor if you choose, you will take these simple steps:
- First, determine your charitable purpose or intent.
- Select the type of charitable fund that best supports your purpose. Our staff will outline your options and discuss advantages of each.
- Complete a governing document.
- Select a name for your fund. You can use your name, that of a family member, the name of a favorite cause, or choose a name that allows you to remain anonymous.
- Depending on the type of fund you establish, you may designate how you wish the current funds to be utilized and for what purpose or purposes. This information will be included in your governing document.
- Make an establishing gift. See Ways to Give for the types of contributions you can make.
- Receive a tax deduction at the time the fund is established and when additional contributions are made to the fund.